Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Trust SERVPRO of Seattle Northeast for professional property restoration and cleaning services in the Seattle Northeast region. Their skilled team and advanced equipment make them the preferred choice for handling restoration projects, including water damage, fire damage, mold remediation, and more. With their rapid response and 24/7 availability, they are ready to assist you in times of crisis. Additionally, SERVPRO of Seattle Northeast offers comprehensive cleaning solutions, such as carpet and upholstery cleaning, air duct cleaning, and odor removal, to maintain a clean and comfortable living environment. Count on their expertise and commitment to customer satisfaction to restore your property efficiently and effectively. When it comes to reliable property restoration and cleaning services, SERVPRO of Seattle Northeast is the name you can trust.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (206) 362-9295
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.