With excessive crawl space moisture, mold will grow at a rapid pace. Crawl space mold can be damaging to your home's structure, your flooring, and any
With excessive crawl space moisture, mold will grow at a rapid pace. Crawl space mold can be damaging to your home's structure, your flooring, and anything else located in the area.
Mold survives on organic materials, such as wood, and when it's damp it provides the perfect environment for growth.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.